• Search form is empty!

  • The Myth of “Good People”

    This is just an excellent blog from another blogger. 

    Rather than copy and paste
    it all here I'll give you an excerpt then a link to the full article.  In time I'll replace this with my own thoughts eventually but I want time to process...

    By Rich, June 21, 2010 10:36 am

    I often hear the phrase, “We hire the best and brightest.” It leaves me wondering who hires the “worst and dimmest.”

    In order to experience real success every team needs to determine how they can achieve extraordinary results with ordinary people. When I teach our Agile Explained class, I reference the six focus areas of Six Sigma. These include Environment, Measurement Systems, Methods, Materials, Machines, and People.

    My belief is most management teams first look at the people as the key to solving their most pressing problems.  “If we only had better people things wouldn't be this bad.”

    Don’t believe it. We have good people in our industry. The people in our industry are smart, dedicated, educated, and diligent. It’s not about the people."

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment